Monday, October 27, 2008

an update for my two lovely neighbours...

conceptual designs ~ the wooden horse

Influenced by the Klein Bottle House write up I found in one of my old architectural reviews, I decided to take a similar approach with my design; being the way he reveals no certainty about how or where the interior lies within the large oblique structure. Here are some explorations I did in the tutorial....

Photobucket

After much thought I have settled on the concept of a volcano and all that it represents, for the basis of my design. The dictionary ordinarily defines it as "a vent in the earths crust through which, lava, steam, ashes are expelled" but rather than something that causes destruction and loss, ultimately a volcano is a fundamental part of our existence; all naturally formed and birthed of the earths core. At this stage (in the sketch below) it could almost be confused with a cave but, what I am ultimately trying to achieve is a form or structure that is unrecognisable as a house from the outside, yet well accomadated on the inside. Still in the early stages....

sketch work

No comments: